Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Things I Love

I have always enjoyed coloring with the little kids in my life - but when my insomnia got really bad I got my own coloring book and started coloring in the evenings when I was too mentally exhausted to do much else. However, sometimes it was boring to color large spaces and simple designs.

Then adult coloring books became a thing, and Johanna Basford's Enchanted Forest was the best of them all. I absolutely LOVE it, and recently bought her other book Secret Garden which is almost as awesome as Enchanted Forest.

I find it really calming and fun. Because the pictures are so detailed it is a lot more fun than kids' books, and I am loving playing with blending colors and discovering the little extra details like hidden animals in each image. I color while we watch movies - but I don't suggest coloring as you binge watch The Office. That's what I did last night and my thumb is still kind of numb...




No comments:

Post a Comment